As some of you in the industry may know, November kicks off National Home Care and Hospice Month! This month celebrates the home care and hospice community to honor the millions of nurses, home care aides, therapists and social workers who make a remarkable difference for the patients and families they serve.
GQR’s Healthcare team specializes in connecting experts within the industry to highly skilled healthcare professionals. These individuals are essential to the industry’s common goal of improved quality of care and patient outcomes. We believe that continuity of care is the primary goal we share with our partners in the healthcare world. We pride ourselves on delivering an unparalleled, personal and sincere approach to our hospital clients as well as to our traveling nurses and allied health professionals.
Throughout the month, we will be sharing facts and information about home care and the impact it has on patient lives as part of our celebration. Here are a few, stay tuned for more!
Fun Facts About Home Care Providers
- Home care providers will travel about 8 billion miles per year, globally, to deliver personalized health care to patients.
- 90% of Americans want to age in place, and home care is the preferred method of health care delivery among the disabled, elderly and chronically ill.
- Home care provides high-quality, compassionate care to more than 5 million Americans annually.
- By 2024, it’s projected that employment will rise to 2.02 million jobs from 1.26 million in 2014 – driving the demand for home care aides and providers.
- Technology and telehealth are bringing care to those who aren’t able to travel and to those in rural areas.
- Almost two-thirds (63.8%) of home health care recipients are women and more than two-thirds (69.1%) are over age 65.